Episode 36: The Goddess' Men

Home of the WonderingForum podcast | listen, watch, and participate!
golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Episode 36: The Goddess' Men

Post by golly »

DOWNLOAD

NOTE: When replying to audio posts, please do not quote/repost the audio itself. You can remove the html5audio embed tags when editing the first reply. Thank you so much for the housekeeping!
110MB

Cohosts:
Endel, William and Maxeem

Synopsis:
We discuss Endel's explorations of words, energy, indigenousness and pearl of great price — as perceived through the freshly polished lens of men's work seeking balance within the soul.

Show Notes:
Screenshot from 2024-02-13_6-54pm.jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-13_6-54pm.jpg (115.28 KiB) Viewed 68 times
amy_moons.jpg
amy_moons.jpg (327.77 KiB) Viewed 67 times

golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Re: Episode 36: The Goddess' Men

Post by golly »

More from Endel:

https://youtu.be/4njksFKyycY?si=Ds0zN-xWPT0w8xRr

https://youtu.be/P6A4vYooRk4?si=mRoOV_sG2JKCP_BA
The Estonian word for beauty is "ilus". and in fact it isn't sung until well into both the movie and the trailer. Nonetheless, the purpose of fiction is often to better relate an essential truth. It is a fact that my eyes welled up as soon as I heard native Estonian being sung. It is often said that "Language is culture". (Language is the soul of the country and people who speak it,) When I hear or utter Estonian, I think it in a way a pre-cognitive child experiences the warmth of the blankets on his parents bed. It is both a recollection and a real-time sensation that is essentially beyond words, existing in sensory memory. This is what Proust wrote about in his epic set of works, "Remembrance of Things Past"

In the trailer, the movie claims to be about how "culture saved a nation". In an instant, my deep sense of the language connected me to the culture and the nation and I cried at the splendor of that realization and my connection to this history.