Earth as a sacred living being

As Earth is a whole system that sustains and nourishes us, there is a system which sustains and nourishes the Earth.

Systemic Principle: Learning to honor where we live.
golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Earth as a sacred living being

Post by golly »

There are many ways we can connect with the Earth as a "living being". We see that we are made up of small living parts with their own life cycles, and we see that we are also as individuals parts of bands, tribes, societies and nations. This helps us understand why so many human cultures discuss the Earth, or its biological surface, as an entity. It's not just easier to refer to the whole as such; it really does seem to be alive — a unified living being made up of its component parts. We can connect to her by eating and making "waste"; becoming food ourselves or becoming interactive with her creatures. We observe, smell and detect nature. We navigate this being we may call "Gaia".

Earth is sacred. There are so many ways to appreciate this, and I hope that in the future we will remember how to feel thankful for Earth constantly.

Metamorphic Mind
Introduced

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Re: Earth as a sacred living being

Post by Metamorphic Mind »

Me and my family have switched to eating fruit for—I’d guess 70% of our intake. As opposed to using an assortment of foods that are more acidic than alkaline possessing.
The results of this astounded me because of the changes in my energy or (as my dad says) life force. And living in north Texas is tough in itself because of the, “allergy prone environment,” and I can with confidence say I can’t remember the last time I woke up coughing up phlegm (which used to be a daily thing).

The phrase, “You are what you eat,” is appearing more and more true everyday. Life gives life.
Never have I felt so connected with (dare I say) the earth and it’s healing properties before.

Growing up in a Christian environment I have been told that it is an evil thing to draw energy from the earth. To which I say, “Why would it be evil if it is living and healing the beings on it?”

Heck with the flawed logic that it is evil to draw energy from the earth, people who worship God could also make the argument that when you eat fruit (a life giving source from the earth) you are worshipping your body—not God. *Eye roll*

I recently took up gardening to clean me and my family’s yard and was surprised to find it didn’t feel so much like a chore as it felt like connecting with life force. Or in golly’s words, “becoming interactive with her creatures.”

Sometime (whoever is reading this) you should look up, “Singing Ice,” on YouTube or Google. It is truly one of the most interesting sounds that has touched my ears.

Willing
Introduced

Re: Earth as a sacred living being

Post by Willing »

I checked into the singing ice. Tension releasing? I think so and yes, the sound of tension releasing released some of my tension. Thank you for sharing this phenomenon.