Ban unnatural materials manufacturing?

Transforming existing policies into new ones and coordinate services to aid all domains.

Cultural Advancement Principle: Wisdom councils resolving disputes.
golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Ban unnatural materials manufacturing?

Post by golly »

There is far too much terrible material made and put right in our ecosystem due to outdated manufacturing. Why have corporations gotten away with this? Why do consumers have to take such an enormous burden in exchange for the products? Why have governments done nothing and allowed rivers and forests to be choked with the stuff?

The consumer has no idea, nor should they expected to have much idea, what to do with a plastic bottle or deteriorating furniture filled with plastic or toxins. Perhaps they may ban littering and occasionally fine each other for breaking that law. But that's a pathetic way to fight the pure onslaught, the tsunami, of constant influx of bad materials into our ecosystem due to completely negligent and irresponsible legislation that permits companies who pollute more to get ahead just because it's profitable to do so.

Is that really what manufacturers of toxic materials in our products and product packaging expect? The era of just doing it for money must surely be declared over and done with and yet corporations are also stuck because everyone is permitted to create, move and sell essentially a pile of unusable waste that was never intended to be created in the first place.

Isn't it time that we helped and subsidized the necessary transition for corporations? We can't just expect them all to suddenly take on the economic burden of doing it themselves while risking that near competitors will ignore a suggestion. It should be made into a solid law, based on respect for life, and a reasonable transition time should be given to corporations for using the new and better materials sources, packaging equipment and so forth.

The government can also do their best to incentivize and implement training programs for the largest construction companies, manufacturers, and stop this worship of oil and harmful concentrations of metals.

Of course, we may hope for some world where greed based economics grinds to a halt or suddenly leads to environmental respect. However, that is a far less practical or realistic solution. It is best and easiest (though perhaps going against social resistance) to compassionately implement a shift in traditional mass industry away from mining, using, making or pushing waste into the growing burden of the pollution of our ecosystem.

And if it's largely a question of concentration (a large enough dose of anything is toxic in the wrong place), then products might be made with natural harmonies and proportions of materials so that when they are dispensed with their materials are reclaimed by the environment and the food chain much more quickly and more naturally. Products made of plants, for example.

This might not apply to companies like Boeing, who are so secure that they may oversee everything from construction to repair to decommission and deconstruction. They can simply handle their recycling and only have to transition in their weakest areas.

However construction companies that blindly select the cheapest materials, force them on cities as a housing solution (that doesn't work well) and then let the places immediately rot through the fingers of landlords that don't know any better need to be stopped. The blight of gentrifying condos has grown too much. This is just one example of something that can be much better regulated. Unfortunately, it probably goes up against the lobbying, bribing and bullying of old crime families who don't care how much toxic waste even their own next generations will have to wade through.

OriogenSpirit
Introduced

Re: Ban unnatural materials manufacturing?

Post by OriogenSpirit »

I was moved by two things you have said here: (1) the banning of materials, and (2) the gentrification blight. Wow. Do we spend most of our time claiming (and exasperating on) the problems? I know this energy well, as it is what I come from. Yet .. At what level of consort (collective way) will our blame games (a separation of us from them) move us (our spiritually-mattered humanity) into something else?

golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Re: Ban unnatural materials manufacturing?

Post by golly »

Thanks for the replies. Would you want to elaborate on something you think I got "right"? I hope I wasn't sounding too blame-y.

I guess one insecurity I have about this writing is that there may come a day that we invent a "simple" solution to a worldwide problem of toxic materials. it doesn't improve or ameliorate the crimes we've committed against other life, as a species, but maybe it can at least help healing?

Using Artificial Intelligence, engineering and even bio-engineering, might we develop a robotic way to have an automated "toxin collection" program in place? Could it help China? Could it help "purify" landfills faster for life to reintegrate into those landscapes?