Hello, I'm golly.

Introduce yourself, take a breather and get to know one another.
golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Hello, I'm golly.

Post by golly »

Hi, my given name is Max. My user name is golly. You can call me either.

I chose the handle "golly" because I like the idea of approaching life with wonder and awe and great interest and gratitude, but I also understand this is considered innocent or even obsolete folly. I find some humor in the concept that something as powerful as innocent joy can be looked at with cynicism, repulsion or even annoyance or hate. People today who say, "Golly gee whiz!" are considered outdated and perhaps ignorant (and probably white). That doesn't fit me because I am considered and viewed as white by most society though I don't ascribe to a race. Also I am very aware that I am ignorant but it should please some to know that I don't like to remain ignorant and I hope to win the trust and friendship of others despite first impressions that I am overly pleased with myself. I am happy with my progress as a human being but I am actually deeply concerned with and I care about life, and I use my natural happiness and joy to try to raise morale around hard subjects. I don't wish my enthusiasm to be mistaken for lack of respect.

I joined the initiative to run this forum because I feel a strong urge to do something that greatly improves life, and I think positive communication can be used to cure negative miscommunication. I would like to see society, culture, artwork, the state of media, the state of forums, science and spirituality to become more respectful and in reverence of life and the Earth. I want to feel freedom to work on anti-war efforts, anti-racist efforts, justice for all and promote understanding between groups that are having difficulty getting along. I don't think my personal solution is colonization or exercises in such; instead I think just getting along can be fun and a pleasure and a fantastic learning experience.

My biggest challenge will be to help different groups and individuals get along with another, which is a weak point of my character. In my passionate pursuit of a loving world where people get along, I tend to accidentally cause conflicts and exasperate situations. I would like to improve my person and my self to be better at mediating and moderating between people of different views. I hope my father Willing and others continue to use the forum and help guide me.

Perhaps some aspect of me blames my personality on my inability to communicate. Since I place such a high value on communication, I wonder if a text based forum can even help me study my true character flaws or personality flaws, and that is why I have endowed myself with a more humorous (and maybe less aggrandizing) user name yet. Plus, I think it's not good to take all things too seriously, think too hard about all things or allow all creative matters (like a simple forum name) to be the main determining factor of how I'm viewed. I trust people who use our forum, and who want to, will learn more about each other based on more than a user name (or even a writing style!).

Willing
Introduced

Re: Hello, I'm golly.

Post by Willing »

Hello Golly! Sounds kinda jolly. I appreciate your intro and will want to continue looking at it for a bit. It's a meaty piece. I like your idea and want to participate when I can. I want to make a habit of it! I have a good feeling about this place and want to hang out to see what might happen here. I'm trying to come up with some stuff to say. See you around! W

golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Re: Hello, I'm golly.

Post by golly »

Cool, well, you have a lot of great insights into things. Maybe you'll feel like sharing some of them with the world. ;)