Intro

Introduce yourself, take a breather and get to know one another.
Metamorphic Mind
Introduced

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Intro

Post by Metamorphic Mind »

Hello fellow earth wonderers.

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone involved in putting this forum together. It truly is unlike anything I have seen on the internet thus far.
It baffles me how rare it is to find a forum or platform where we as individuals can express our authenticity and autonomy while having harmony with each other.

Alright I suppose I should introduce myself now. My name is Rylee, I’m a seventeen year old white girl from the USA in north Texas. I have been homeschooled since the third grade and am extremely close with my immediate family.
I suppose I would have to categorize me and my family as Christians however that term has gotten a bad wrap. I worship God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit and believe Jesus Christ died for us and was resurrected from the dead.

When I was around ten years old my dad introduced me to various forms of unconventional thought. Teaching me to think critically and have discernment about the many things we can observe in life.

As I have continued my journey for truth I had to stop and wonder, “do I believe in God because of how I was raised or because I truly believe?”
That’s when I realized that an expression of faith can come in the form of asking questions. I admit it is disturbing and even scary to think, “what if God is not real?” But if a person truly has faith in an entity that is ALL KNOWING (meaning it can handle our humanly questions) why would they be afraid to ask questions?

Fear is what keeps us away from truth. Fear is what makes people push their beliefs on others. So many people are not okay with just saying, “I don’t know.” This is why this forum is so great. It is filled with people who are not afraid of the unknown.

This is also why I picked the name Metamorphic Mind. Because I am constantly working to create movement for new thoughts and ideas to prevent stagnating dead thoughts.

I’ve found it’s not so much about belief as it is about keeping an open mind. We can have different religious and political beliefs but what it all comes down to is we’re people . . . living on the same earth in the same universe trying to work with what we have.

So I come in with an open mind. I am aware what I will find may enhance my existing beliefs or prove them wrong—and at the very least be thought provoking and insightful. However I do not have a particular goal to reach except to explore and wonder.

I am excited to be here and contribute what I can to explore new concepts, explanations and observations. Thanks for reading. :)

Ps, golly I may need some help adding my flair. It didn’t seem to be working the way it was intended.
Last edited by Metamorphic Mind on Sun May 23, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

golly
Site Admin
Location: Hohokam / Piipaash / Apache / O'odham / Pueblo / Mexico / Arizona

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Re: Intro

Post by golly »

Welcome MM! (And welcome Rylee!) Thank you for joining. Sorry for the delay, I was actually on a vision quest on Sunday, when you posted and I've been keeping away from screens for a bit, but as I reintegrate them in my life I will be able to respond in a more timely manner. :)

Now that you're introduced, I can add you to the flair groups! And please let us know if there is any symbol missing that you'd like us to consider adding as an option for all members! Discussions about that are meant for here: viewforum.php?f=8

Since I believe I know who you are I have also promoted you to Moderator and you will notice additional privileges as such. This should keep us sort of accountable to what we say, I should hope.

However, please make sure to always type a "Reason for editing" before making changes to others' posts!

Metamorphic Mind
Introduced

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Yes dear friend I am happy to be here as well! I will make sure and not abuse my moderating privileges. Which is very kind of you to give me. :)
Ps, my reason for editing your post is that my name is Rylee not Rylie.

golly
Site Admin

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Post by golly »

Oh, sheesh, thank you! It did not enter my brain right.

I should have explained that when editing there is this thing so that it appears in the post itself with a time stamp:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (28.08 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
But maybe that's too much to explain to every single new member, and we'll just see how it goes. Hopefully we can minimize microediting and managing others' presentation (but hopefully we can minimize typing the wrong names! Sorry about that!)

I suppose we'll see how comfortable we all are with the very sensitive balance of letting others' quirks stand or politely correcting typos (with notation).

Do you think we should bother to suggest in a reply and give the bad typist a chance to correct their own word? That's what I would prefer personally!

Metamorphic Mind
Introduced

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Yes it is an easy mistake to make. I have gotten Riley, Rylie, Raleigh—heck, I even got Rachel one time. Anyway I will not be so picky in the future. Haha
And yes I agree—it would be best to give the, “bad typist,” a chance to edit their own word. :D

golly
Site Admin

Skin

Sexuality

Belief

Political

Post by golly »

Cool!

I sympathize with the name thing. Seems like it's a basic form of respect to get someone's name correct, as I've been told.

I have to say I do get a lot of fun ones that don't bother me, especially at places of work, including people surprisingly dropping the first and last consonants entirely making my given name into a kind of foreign utterance I don't really understand. There are a lot of people injecting experimental drugs recently, though, so they might be having difficulties I should be sensitive to.

I personally do not have that excuse, and I will humbly spell your name correctly from here on out.